Skin cancer has a tendency to be the easiest to treat when it’s caught early. At The Dermatology Center, we offer skin cancer screenings that can help you safeguard your overall health in a significant way.
Signs and Symptoms of Skin Cancer
It cannot be stressed enough: Everybody should visit their dermatologist on a yearly basis for skin cancer screenings, as this type of cancer is both increasingly common and incredibly easy to treat if it is caught early enough on. While it’s recommended that you visit The Dermatology Center for screenings on a regular basis, it’s also important to understand the signs and symptoms that might indicate you’re dealing with a cancerous or precancerous lesion.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of skin cancer include:
- Whitish, waxy bumps on the skin
- Flat, darkened lesions
- Cysts that are red and firm to the touch
- Crusty or flaking lesions
- Moles that change in size, texture, or color
- Lesions on the palms or soles of the feet that are dark
- Dark lesions on mucous membranes
- Irregular moles or brown spots