Everyone stresses about retaining that youthful look as we begin to age. If
you are looking to reduce the signs of aging as you enter your 40s, there are
many ways to take years off of your face and body that don’t require drastic medical procedures and can help protect you from further aging. Try the following 12 tips to reduce your personal signs of aging.
- Daily SPF: Never leave the house without first putting on a daily
sunscreen. In your 40s, you’re probably already noticing the accumulated sun damage if you haven’t already been protecting your skin. It’s never too late to prevent further damage and aging related to sun exposure. Try an ELTA 46 tinted moisturizer or sunscreen with at least 30 SPF of UVA/UVB coverage to prevent any more exposure.
- Daily cleansing routine: By the time you’re in your 40s, you already
know how important it is to have a regular daily facial cleansing routine. Remember that your skin will most likely loose moisture as you age and what worked in your 20s probably isn’t right for you anymore. We can provide medical grade cleansers that can cleanse your skin with ingredients such as white willow bark, sugar cane extracts and other botanical cleansers- by GlowMD and iS Clinical.
- Retinol: A great way to prevent further aging in your 40s and turn back the years on your skin is using a Retinol. Put it on after washing and drying your skin, but before any moisturizer or other makeup you use.Retinols are very effective in lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol is effective on many other types of facial blemishes, and also in reducing the slight sagging on your neck and décolletage.
- ProHeal Serum – Vitamin C! Superior Antioxidant Protection. Builds collagen, calms and sooths. Also helps treat grade 3 and 4 acne.
- Hydra-Cool Serum – Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5, Mushroom Extract, improves texture, anti-actinic, the hollywood glow secret!
- Moisturizer iS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion helps prevent DNA damage with Extremozymes. Great for hydrating your skin with Hyaluronic Acid and other moisture binders and growth factors.
- Water: At any age, water is essential to the health of our bodies.
Drinking enough water can help keep our bodies running efficiently in our 40s and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Adequate water intake can also give you back some of that youthful glow by keeping your skin naturally moisturized.
- Exercise: Exercise is important at every age, but especially in your
30’s and 40’s. We can tone our bodies and strengthen our bones to help reduce the effects of aging. As we age into our 30s and 40s, our body begins to loose precious calcium stored in our bones that can be restored through weight-bearing exercises. Exercise also releases positive endorphins that can help our minds feel young too.
- Keep your weight in check: It’s easy to add pounds slowly to our weight over the years, and even easier as our metabolism declines through our 30s and 40s. Extra weight on your body can add years to your appearance and overwork your body’s organs. Losing those extra pounds can make you look years younger than you actually are and keep your body systems running effectively, especially the heart. For stubborn areas, we offer CoolSculpting – permanent fat reduction. Non surgical – no to little downtime! Free Consultations!!
- Nutrition: Nutrition can help reduce the signs of aging in many ways.
Healthy nutrition means healthy skin.The antioxidants in vitamins and from our diet also help us to fight free radicals that cause cancer and the oxidation of our bodies. Antioxidants aid in the natural regeneration process of our skin and on every other bodily organ.
- De-stress: Learn to take some time for yourself and let go of stress. A
stressful life can add years to your face. De-stressing can be as simple as taking a quiet bath, getting a pedicure, or as elaborate as taking a cruise to somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Facial and Peels: Treat yourself to a facial to exfoliate and hydrate your skin. A great option is our Fire and Ice. It will draw dirt and oil out of your skin, and reduce pore size. It can make your skin appear younger by giving it a healthy, clean, and moisturized glow.
- Makeup: A great way to look younger in your 40s is to keep your makeup application light and natural. When applying makeup, never pull down or be too rough with your skin: gravity doesn’t need any help! A tinted moisturized with SPF 30 is great for a woman in her 40s as it protects your skin from the sun and environmental toxins. We offer jane iredale, the skincare mineral makeup. We offer makeup application for $25. This fee can go toward any purchases that you may make.
Preventing signs of aging doesn’t have to be expensive or take a lot of time.
Many of these tips are easy and will take years of your face and body. Remember that each of our bodies is different and the way in which we age is only 50% genetic. The other 50% we can control if we choose to properly take care of ourselves and the 40s is a great time to start. Stay healthy!